Drops campaigns are a fun way to get in-game loot by watching your favorite channels on Twitch! If the channel is participating in a Drops campaign, you will see a message at the top of chat about the Drop campaign and how to earn rewards.
Drops are unlocked by watching any participating channel for the amount of time set by the game developer to earn a reward. Once you complete the time requirement, you will be able to claim the reward. You can only gain progress toward a reward on one channel at a time. You can check on the progress you have earned towards any reward by going to your Drops Inventory page. From this page you will also be able to claim any Drops rewards that are not already claimed.
How to Earn Drops
You can discover active Drop campaigns and participating channels by visiting the All Campaigns page under the Drops & Rewards section, select an active campaign, and find active channels listed at the top of How to Earn the Drops. You can also see when a Drops campaign is available on a channel on the Browse category and channel pages by looking for the DropsEnabled tag. You can also filter by the DropsEnabled tag when viewing a category.
Navigate to a channel with Drops enabled. A Drops callout will be displayed at the top of chat that includes information about the Drops campaign.
To earn a Drops reward, you will need to be logged into Twitch. To be eligible to receive the Drop rewards in-game, you will need to have your game account linked to your Twitch account. If an account connection is required, you will see a message asking you to connect your game account after you have claimed the Drop. From the game developer’s account connection page, log into your game account, then into your Twitch account to link the accounts together. This process may take several minutes, so please be patient.
You can still claim rewards and then connect your account afterwards.
Claiming a Drop
When watching a participating channel you will earn progress towards a Drop. Remember, you can only earn progress towards a Drop on one participating channel at a time. You can check your progress towards Drops any time by viewing the Drops Inventory page. When you have reached 100% progress for the active Drop within a campaign, you will receive a claim notification at the top of the Twitch navigation. If you are unable to claim the Drop in time, you will be able to claim it from the Drops Inventory page until 24 hours after the Drops campaign has ended.
View your Drop Rewards and Campaigns
The Drops Inventory page can be accessed at any time. From here, you can view the Drops that you have earned, see your progress towards any active Drops and connect your Twitch account to the game account if you have not already.
To learn more information about the rewards and the requirements to earn those rewards, you can view the All Campaigns tab. This page will show you all campaigns that you may want to participate in and complete. Each campaign entry will display the dates the Drops are active, what game they are for, and how to earn each reward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check below to see if your question has been answered.
- What are Drops?
- Drops are rewards granted to you for watching the content and channels you love! Each Drop has a watch time requirement set by the game developer. By watching a participating channel, your time will be counted towards earning the Drop and the associated reward. You can check your progress any time by visiting the Drops Inventory page.
- Can I have my Twitch account connected to more than one game account?
- Yes, you can connect your Twitch account to as many game accounts as you want, but you can only have one account per developer. You can connect your Twitch account to multiple different game accounts, but you cannot connect multiple accounts of a single game to one Twitch account.
- How do I claim and receive a Drop?
- You must watch a participating channel to receive progress towards the Drop. When you watch for the required amount of time, a claim message will appear at the top of the Twitch navigation, where you’ll be directed to the Drops Inventory page to claim your reward. If you miss the claim message, you will still be able to claim the Drop for the duration of the campaign from the Drops Inventory page.
- Do I need to watch the same channel the entire time to earn Drops from a campaign?
- No, you can earn progress towards a drop on any participating channel for a campaign. For example, you can watch for a half hour on one channel and then switch to another channel and continue your progress for the Drop.
Important - You can only earn progress for one channel at a time! Watching more than one channel at the same time will not allow you to claim the Drop faster.
- What devices can I use to claim Drops?
- Drops supports using your PC/Mac web browser or on the Twitch app for Android and iOS to earn and claim Drops. Twitch apps on game consoles, smart TVs, and other TV apps do not support Drops at this time.
- Why can’t I participate and claim some items on the Twitch iOS app?
- Drops that grant rewards for iOS apps & games do not support claiming through the Twitch iOS app at this time.
- Where can I see my progress towards earning a Drop?
- You can check your progress against any active Drops campaigns by looking at the Drops Inventory page.
- Is there a schedule of Drops occurring in different games/channels?
- You can see all active Drops and participating channels on the Drops campaigns page.
- I think I got a Drop, but why hasn’t the item shown up in my game account?
- The game developer is responsible for fulfilling the Drop rewards in the game and in some cases, this may take time to process. Please contact the specific game developer directly for any questions. You can do some initial troubleshooting by checking that the item has shown up on your Drops Inventory page and that your game account is linked to the correct Twitch account.
- Is there a maximum number of Drops I can receive on a specific channel/all channels?
- The game developer defines the limit for how many Drops you can receive and this limit will vary by campaign.
- How long do I have to link my account to get my drop rewards?
- Most game developers will fulfill the reward if you link your account within 14 days of the relevant Drops campaign ending. If the reward is only usable for a limited time (e.g. beta event), then other time restrictions may apply.
- Why can I no longer see some of the Drops items that I previously earned on my Drops Inventory page?
- Drops items that were earned through the older legacy Drops service are no longer visible on the Drops inventory page. Don’t worry, this change does not affect the actual Drops items in your connected game account.
All items earned from the Drops service will continue to be visible on the Drops Inventory page.
- Can viewers earn Drops by viewing reruns or VODs?
- No. Only live streams are eligible for viewers to earn drop rewards.
- As a streamer, how do I turn Drops on / off for particular game sessions?
- Go to your Dashboard settings. From there, click on Viewer Rewards and then Drops (or visit directly - dashboard.twitch.tv/drops) to change your opt-out preference. You can quickly turn Drops on/off through a toggle at the top of this page. You can now also opt-out from Drop campaigns at the individual campaign level while still participating in other Drop campaigns by other game developers.
- As a streamer, why would I toggle Drops off rather than completely disconnecting my Twitch account?
- Turning Drops off through your dashboard toggle will result in your viewers not being able to earn progress for Drops on your channel.You also have the flexibility to have Drops disabled on a per campaign basis, while still have Drops enabled for other campaigns by simply updating the enable toggle. Connecting or disconnecting your game developer account with Twitch will no longer impact whether your channel participates with Drops or not. Keep in mind that your Twitch and Game account link may power Drop rewards you’ve earned as a viewer and other additional features on Twitch or within a game that is unrelated to Drops.
- As a streamer, how do I offer Drops on my channel for my viewers?
- Game developers decide which channels are eligible to offer Drops. If they have activated Drops for all channels broadcasting their game (or yours specifically), Drops can appear on your channel for your viewers. All you need to do is make sure Drops are enabled by visiting the Drops section within your Dashboard (see Drops Streamer Home).
- As a streamer, do I need to add the “DropsEnabled” tag when I’m streaming?
- No. If there is an active Drops campaign for a specific game, you are streaming the game, you have opted in, set the stream category to the game, and your channel is eligible to offer the Drop campaign to your viewers, we will automatically apply the “DropsEnabled” tag to your live stream.
- Can viewers earn Drops by viewing my reruns of my VODs?
- No. Only your live streams are eligible for viewers to earn Drop rewards.