This article is your companion for first-time Affiliate Onboarding. From start to finish, Affiliate Onboarding can take as little as 10 minutes, depending on verification checks.
If you have questions throughout this process, contact Twitch Support here.
Before You Begin
Speed up your onboarding by preparing the following information: legal name, address, SSN or TIN (if applicable), desired payout method, and other personal information
Congrats on completing your Path to Affiliate achievements! You've been invited to apply to the Affiliate program.
Affiliate Onboarding involves four steps:
- Payout Registration
- Monetized Streamer Agreement
- Tax Interviews
- Payout Method Selection
All four steps must be fully completed in order to begin monetizing your channel. You may change these settings at any time.
Step 1 - Payout Registration
To begin, click your invitation. Or, visit your Creator Dashboard -> Settings -> Affiliate -> Affiliate Onboarding.
Twitch is a subsidiary of Amazon. We use certain Amazon tools to help Affiliates get paid, including the tax information forms in the onboarding process. Please refer to the Amazon Tax Information Interview Guide if you need help with the definitions for any individual field.
- Contact Info - Use your full legal name. This must match the name shown on your income tax return.
- Permanent Address - Your permanent address is your primary residential address. It is not your P.O. Box or mailing address. If you are a college student studying in another state, but still have a permanent address in your home state (such as your parents' house), then your home state is your principal residence address. If you are registering on behalf of a corporation, please input the primary headquarters address.
Step 2 - Monetized Streamer Agreement
If you are under 18, this section will ask for your parent or legal guardian to agree to the Twitch Agreement for you. Your parent or legal guardian must type their full legal name, check the box, and click Agree.
Step 3 - Tax Interviews
We require you to complete two tax interviews for royalty tax and service tax. The two forms are similar, but are used for different purposes. They must both be filled out accurately.
Twitch is based in the U.S. As a result, international streamers may be required to complete additional onboarding tax forms to meet regulations in their region.
Please refer to the Amazon Tax Information Interview Guide for individual field definitions.
Tax forms typically take up to 3 days to validate. In a few cases, validation can take longer. If your tax forms are under review for more than 3 days, please wait 2-3 weeks for validation to complete. This process cannot be expedited or circumvented.
Tips For Success:
- Contact support if tax form validation is pending for more than 3 weeks. Twitch customer support is unable to provide resolution for cases that are less than 2 - 3 weeks old.
- Twitch isn't able to give tax advice. If you need help filling in either tax information interview, contact your local tax professional.
- EU residents, learn more about DAC7 requirements and how they impact you here.
Step 4 - Payout Method
Here you will choose a payment method to receive funds. Twitch uses a third-party payment processor for payouts. The processor -- not Twitch -- charges a transaction fee each time you are paid, as well as for rejected payouts resulting from any incorrect information you submit. The fees vary based on the payout method that you choose. See fees here.
We accept the following payout methods:
- Direct Deposit / ACH
- Wire Transfer
- Hold Payouts
Our payout processor requires a minimum balance for payout. The minimum amount for most payout methods is $50, and $100 for wire transfer. Learn more in $50 Minimum Payout Threshold.
Choose Hold Payouts if you want us to hold your money until you are ready for a payout. Choose this option to control how often you are paid and consolidate transaction fees. Otherwise, you will be paid automatically with the method you select.
This section may also ask you to submit a scanned copy of your government ID such as a passport.
Payout verification taking longer?
If you are stuck in the Payout verification step, please try using an alternate Payout method. If you prefer to not change the Payout method, please wait for up to 48 hours to see if Payout verification will be complete. Please contact support If you have been waiting for more than 48 hours.