Earning Revenue from Bits in Extensions

Extensions make it possible for developers to create new experiences for your viewers. Eligible Partners and Affiliates can earn revenue when Bits are used within certain Extensions on their channel pages.

How It Works

  1. Install and activate an Extension that has enabled Bits usage. These Extensions include the label In-Extension Bits in the Extension Manager.

    You must have Partner or Affiliate broadcaster status and have enabled Bits on your channel to be able to use any Bits Extension features. If you are ineligible, the Bits-enabled features will be unusable on your channel.

  2. Viewers must explicitly confirm their Bits usage in the Extension on each individual action.
  3. When your viewers perform and confirm an action that requires Bits within the Extension on your channel page, you’ll earn 80% of 1 U.S. cent per Bit used and the remaining 20% is shared with the Extension developer. The Bits in Extensions program, including revenue share, may be adjusted from time to time or deprecated by Twitch in its sole discretion.
  4. Both Affiliate and Partner revenue share will be paid 15 days after the first of the following month (Net 15).

    You can track your Extensions Revenue via your Earnings Analytics under the Extensions category. Revenue generated through an Extension will not be included in the Bits category.

  5. You may disable the Bits-enabled Extension features by going to the ‘Manage Permissions’ page of the extensions you have installed.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know which Extensions enable Bits usage?
Extensions that enable Bits usage will include the label “In-Extension Bits” in the Extension Manager. Once you install, configure, and activate an Extension, it will show up on your channel page, and viewers on your channel will then be able to engage with the Extension and the community in a variety of new ways.
In which countries are Bits in Extensions be available?
Bits in Extensions will be available globally where Twitch is also made available. However, it is the responsibility of the Extension developer to localize any language in the Extension.
What is the revenue share to Partners and Affiliates?
Eligible Partners and Affiliates will ordinarily receive 80% of 1 U.S. cent per Bit that is used within Bits-enabled Extensions on their channel pages, and the Extension developer will receive the remaining 20%. In certain extensions, such as the Twitch Sings extension, eligible streamers receive a greater revenue share than the standard one. Each Extension's detail page states that Extension's revenue shares.
How are experiences for Bits in Extensions fulfilled / used?
Third parties own and drive the fulfillment of experiences obtained through use of Bits in Extensions, not Twitch. Viewers will be able to see when an Extension has Bits-enabled features and use Bits within that Extension. Note that Extensions must be installed and activated within your channel page for your viewers to use Bits in them.
Will my viewers still be able to Cheer with Bits in my channel’s chat?
Yes, your viewers’ ability to Cheer with Bits in chat and your share of the revenue Twitch receives from Cheered Bits will not be impacted by the Bits in Extensions program. Extensions with Bits provides complementary engagement to your channel’s experience.
What happens if I deactivate or uninstall an Extension with Bits?
If you choose to uninstall or deactivate an Extension with Bits, your viewers will no longer be able to use any persistent items exchanged for Bits in the Extension. Please avoid deactivating an Extension in a disruptive manner because it will impact your viewer’s enjoyment from their Bits usage.
Where can I find revenue information for Bits in Extensions?
You can track revenue from Bits in Extensions under Extensions Revenue via your Revenue Dashboard. It will show you the total revenue earned from Extensions, which includes both In-Extension Purchases and Bits in Extensions.
Are Extensions with Bits available on mobile?
Yes, Extensions with Bits are available on mobile if the developer decides to support it. Extensions that are available on mobile are designated by a “Mobile” tag on the Extension Discovery page.
Will there be any alerts/notifications so I can give a shoutout or trigger an overlay when someone uses Bits within an Extension that is activated on my channel page?
Any alert/notification would be made available by the Extension, which is controlled by the developer of the Extension. There will not be an alert/notification seen anywhere outside of the Extension.
What happens if my viewer uses Bits in the Extension, but nothing happens?
Actions that are not confirmed successful by a developer will not result in a deduction from the viewer’s Bits wallet. If there is a bug, the viewer is able to contact the developer directly. All Extensions will have the developer’s e-mail address in the Extension detail page.
Can my viewers get returns for Bits used in Extensions?
Per our policy, Twitch does not offer returns of Bits used in Extensions. Exceptions are handled on a case by case basis - please contact Customer Support. Partners and Affiliates will have the same protections from Bits chargebacks as they do with Cheering in Chat.
What happens if I find a bug with the Extension I installed?
Please contact the developer directly. All Extensions will have the developer’s e-mail address in the Extension detail page.
Can I disable Extension features that require Bits?
Yes, you can disable features that require Bits in an extension by updating the permissions granted to the extension. To manage permissions, navigate to the Manage Permissions page of the Extensions you have installed.


Blog categories

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

Recent Post

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.